Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Fever

The last few days I've had the opportunity to bike outdoors, its a really great change of pace from the monotonous hours spent on my trainer in Paul and mines living room.  I've put close to 200 miles on my bike since Monday cruising around the back roads outside of Columbus.  You think you are working hard on the trainer until you hit that first hill after a couple of hours with a little breeze in your face, definitely made me a little bit nervous about hitting the road  for real in about 2 weeks time but I'm sure everyone will be hurting a little bit that first week.  Also I've started packing, which is quite an endeavor when you have to plan for 2 months time, we'll ride in every kind of weather imaginable so being prepared is a must.  Besides clothing, we also are responsible for brining along a lot of supplies I never thought I would own including sleeping bags, sleeping pads, quick drying towels, head lamps, etc...overall though I can't wait to get to San Diego! All the preparing and training will be completely worth it once we hit the road. No Chain!

No comments:

Post a Comment