Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Little Inspiration.


"Swim 2.4 miles, Ride 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles, brag for the rest of your life."
- Creator of the Ironman


Riding my bike in my living room each day can get pretty monotonous, one of my favorite things to do to entertain myself is watch old NBC broadcasts of the Ironman Championships that take place each year in Kona, Hawaii. Becoming an Ironman is something that is on my bucketlist so these broadcasts are must-see tv every December.

Each year besides covering the race to the finish line by the professional triathletes NBC covers some human interest stories that continually amaze and inspire me. Some of my favorites include the father/son team the Hoyts , and the 75 year old nun Sister Madonna Buder. These stories bring me to tears every single time, luckily I'm on a stationary bike because it can be tough to navigate when you're crying. Today I was watching the 2005 Ironman where they feature Jon Blais, a young man dying from ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and NBC got me once again. Take 10 minutes out of your day to watch the video below, if the part about his dad tying his shoes doesn't get you I dont know if we can be friends anymore. Hopefully it will be a little inspiration in your life as well, No Chain!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post Justin about our son Jon...he was an amazing son...
    If the spirit moves you please visit his website www.waronals.com

    Mary Ann
    Jon's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Justin..
    Such neat stories you are posting on your
    blog.
    Remember, you are inspiration to many for
    what you are doing..

    Dad

    ReplyDelete