Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On Preparing

How do you prepare for a 3700 mile bike ride across the country? How do yo prepare for the mountains of New Mexico? The heat of Texas? And day 40 when you're in the middle of Tennessee and the last thing you want to do is get on your bike and ride another 80 miles.  The answer is I really don't know. So each and every night I get on the bike trainer in my living room and ride for a couple of hours, I go to the gym and lift my legs, I do  repeats on the closest thing we have to a steep climb in Columbus "the Grandview hill" . I sit there and spin and watch the news with Brian Williams, the latest episode of Jersey Shore, or whatever happens to be on HGTV night after night. Will it be enough when April 1st comes around?  I doubt it. I don't think there is anything that will properly prepare me but the sweat of training feels good and hopefully it will lessen the pain of those first couple weeks of riding. No Chain!

No comments:

Post a Comment